Loondaddy's House of Movies

This is my attempt to review a few movies! Any comment, statement or question is welcomed.

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

winter passing


Notable Cast:
Ed Harris, Zooey Deschanel, Will Ferrell

Rating:
R for Language, some drug use and sexuality

Plot:
Actress Reese Holden (Deschanel) has been offered a small fortune by a book editor if she can secure for publication the love letters that her father (Harris), a reclusive novelist, wrote to her mother, who has since passed away. Returning to Michigan, Reese finds that an ex-grad student (Warner) and a would-be musician (Ferrell) have moved in with her father, who cares more about his new friends than he does about his own health and well-being.

My Thoughts:
This is a very dark comedy, that I enjoyed. Deschanel and Harris' characters are haunted by the death of their mother/wife. It is slowly tearing them both apart in their own separate ways. The look and music of this movie gives it a great feeling of pain that resonates throughout the film. I will admit that this movie can be quit slow at times, but I feel it is worth the experience. Definitely not your average heart felt movie. Don't expect much and you'll get enough...

My 5 Star Rating:
****

It's been a while since I posted so lets hear what ya got.

|